Groupies

It goes without saying that without the entourage of female fans, few bands would make it.

While there were some fans who truly loved the band and wanted to be supportive of them; there were the obsessed groupies with their promiscuous behavior who wanted nothing more than to jump in bed with the band.

Some set their eyes on a particular band member whom they wanted to be with. Some didn't care as long as they got laid by someone in the band.

They would watch with unending admiration. They would flirt shamelessly; even knowing that their favorite musician was married - and that his wife was sitting there by the stage.

These girls didn't care. They were band whores. They were on a mission. They really had little self-respect.

But it doesn't go without saying that the band members fueled the fire in these groupies' hot pants.

I watched the girls flirting with my husband. It wasn't something I normally worried about - unless some girl seemed to be crossing the line. And I didn't have a problem addressing any girl, whose behavior was blatantly offensive and disrespectful.

And when I caught my husband's overtly flirtatious behavior, I let him know as well that he had crossed the line and was disrespecting me.

He claimed flirting was a necessary part of keeping female fans excited about the band. I realized that was true to a point; and told him I would accept a level of flirting that was consistent with every female fan - but not to a higher level with some.

While groupies didn't hide what they were after - wives and girlfriends of the band members, who seemed to be busy with conversation and not paying attention - had developed the "eyes in the back of their head' syndrome.

Breck Waters Doug Pittman
to be continued...